Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Crazy Madcap Insanely Large Times with SDP!

SDP=Sweet Dick Pete (aka Bean)! I can't even get into what we did these past 5 days so I'll just have to settle for making a damn list.

Thursday: picked him up from airport, drove to Dallas. Checked into our hotel (Warwick Melrose), took quick nap, went to dinner with chums. Ended the night at Karoake in the private room! (I came down with the cold I'd been fighting all week. Refused to let it stop me and I partied hardy!!!)

Friday: Slept in as much as possible, had lunch with B. and T. I downed Dayquil capsules, SDP drove us to Denton. We drove around Denton, taking turns. Pitcher of Blue Moon for $6 (!!!) at sunset at the old Sunset Grill--nice. 6pm reception/hors doerve's/concert w/the One O'Clock Lab Band (angry white jazz according to SDP!) at UNT.

Friday night/Sat. morning: SDP began the drive to Houston, got pulled over for both my damn rear lights being out! Upon not being able to figure out the problem, I drove us home since I'm a daredevil like that. Got home 3am-ish, crawled into bed with JR (who I missed soooooo bad!!!).

Saturday: Woke up way too fuckin' early, went to the High-spanic Health Coalition family fitness event where we got put to work! JR met Ma, Ma kidnapped SDP, JR and I hung all over each other all day. Afterwards we all went together have tea/pie. Then SDP, JR and me back to my house for showers/naptime/etc.!

Saturday night: free concert at Miller Outdoor Theater w/the Gourds and Fabulous Thunderbirds. The Gourds kicked ass, we drank beer, JR nodded off on my shoulder, back home for more drinking and sleep!

Sunday: Lunch w/Tito J. (do I have to stop calling him that???), other friends. SDP, JR and me to the Hard Rock cafe for a drink, then next door to see The Men Who Stare at Goats. As SDP said, staring at an actual goat would've been better.

Sunday night: Country music at the Continental, followed by zydeco music at the Big Easy. Home for more drinkin'.

Monday: Sleeping in!!!!!!!!! JR went to his house, SDP and I went to eat Mediterranean--huge meal! Finally got around to fixing my rear lights! Came to Job #2 for a spell, went home, changed and went for a run. JR met us at home, showers/change and took the boys to Sambuca for some live music and legendary lamb meatballs, mmmmmmm..... Ended the night at the Continental for my friends' rockabilly band (including little drummer boy). Home for more drinkin'!

Today: took SDP to the airport! :-( But another classic adventure under our belts!!!

I am exhausted and have rehearsal tonight with my new band, "The Leo Trio." Tomorrow is JR my honey love's 26th birthday! Thursday night is the Subdudes concert. Friday I have rehearsal and will be going out with JR and his best guy friend. Saturday a.m. is Krav Maga class and I should probably patrol that day too. I can sleep/rest on Sunday I guess! JR asked me today to slow down but I don't think I can. I wiped both him and SDP out these past few days!!!!!!!!!!!! Ain't nobody can hang with me at my speed, that is for sure.

2 comments:

Oh Wayward One said...

jealous!!
when does SDP come to these parts?

Lei said...

You are like the energizer bunny!